- Clitoraid is about empowering FGM victims by helping reach their first orgasm
- Clitoraid is about celebrating sexual freedom and pleasure for all women in the world
- Clitoraid is about promoting campaigns against female excision
- Clitoraid is about promoting free sexuality and exploration of masturbation
- Clitoraid is about sharing pleasure, hope. kindness and feminity
Given the barbaric nature of clitoral excision or female genital mutilation (FGM), Rael
, spiritual leader of the Raelian Movement
, founded Clitoraid, a private non-profit organization whose goal is to sponsor any African woman who wants to have her clitoris rebuilt
Since 2006, Clitoraid has been able to train several doctors and assist in providing clitoral repair surgery for many women in France and the United States. All of our patients have reported improvements after the surgery, and about 60 percent of them have experienced orgasm – something they thought would never happen for them.
We’re now halfway through the construction of our ‘Pleasure Hospital’ in Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso, where we will enable local women and women of West Africa to have the procedure for free. This is our main goal, since too many women cannot afford this surgery. Without our help, it would cost several years of their wages for them to have it, so they are hoping and waiting for us!